Thursday, January 10, 2008

My gambling addiction

No, not THAT kind of gambling.

I went to the fabric store at lunch for background fabric for the iris quilt. The fabric I meant to use is too pale; not enough contrast with the pale green.

Of course, I forgot the iris pieces so I couldn't buy backiground fabric at ~$10/yard without knowing it worked. What I DID buy was three remnant bags, at $1.99/bag.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Idon't know if you can tell from the photos, but they're pretty big bags. You get the bonus of seeing my clutter in the background. G Street sells quite a mix of fabrics, so I got quite a mix in the bags - and only maybe a fat eighth worth is quilty!! I did get a couple of nice small pieces of fleece, and a few scarf-size sheer pieces, and a piece that's just not quite dark enough for background - the olive green fades into it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.