Saturday, August 30, 2014

Strawberry Freezer Jam

This is by far the family's favorite jam.

We start with a big clump of frozen strawberries. I think these are from the July trip to Florida, but it could've been an earlier trip.
 photo 037_zps86fdcbf8.jpg

Mash 'em up and measure out 4 cups. I only had about a cup left over. I'll probably mix with the leftover crushed peaches and make jam out of that as well.
 photo 039_zpsf43c9f38.jpg

Add 4 cups (!) sugar.
 photo 038_zpsda1a67b5.jpg

Heat the pectin with water, boil, add to berries, and stir until all your sugar dissolves. Ladle into jars.
 photo 040_zps1e6d7986.jpg

They set for 24 hours at room temperature, then into the freezer. At least until the karate kid eats it all up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've never made any jelly or jam, but this doesn't look too hard. Maybe I'll try it out next year. :)