Sunday, January 26, 2014

What I've been working on

This week I started deconstructing some vintage flying geese quilt blocks.

The problem with the blocks is the setting:


Yup. Swastika blocks. The blocks are clearly 30s/40s vintage, and my supposition is that WWII changed the original maker's perception of how the quilt would be viewed. I thought briefly of just putting the blocks together, but since the original maker of these blocks clearly couldn't finish the quilt with the blocks in this setting, it seemed disrespectful to her, whoever she might have been.

So I'm taking them apart. There is a mix of hand stitching and machine stitching to be ripped:

At least I have the lovely turned ripper TMOTH made me to use on this project.

Also, more vet time. The dog ate a big chocolate bar on Friday, and wound up overnighting at the vet. Fluids and activated charcoal, and he's doing fine.

In fact, he's ready to go back if it involves a ride in the car!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Good luck with the unpicking. Have you decided how you are going to resew them yet xx