Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New year, new goals

Last year's goals are here. Very similar goals are copied below :)

My word for the year is NOW. My biggest issue is procrastination, and if I can just go ahead and DO what needs to be done instead of thinking, "Oh, I'll get to that later" then things will run much more efficiently.

N:  Nudge - one of the theories of behavioral economics is that a nudge is a very effective way to change behavior
O:  Organize - welll, duh.
W: Willpower - I'll be working on improving mine. In all areas.

My goals are:
1. finish 14 projects. (I actually finished at least 15 things last year!!)
2. Spend 14 minutes a day sewing OR in stash management.
3. 2014 in 2014: Sometime around the time things got crazy last year, I stopped keeping track, but I'm pretty sure that although I didn't reach my 2013 things goal, much more left than in previous years. This year, I'm shooting for 2014.
4. Keep track of what I'm doing by starting blogging again - I feel much more productive when I have a record of what I've done.
5. participating in the weekly stash report will help me manage my stash. I'm also setting a $10 per week budget (that I feel no compulsion to spend) but I want to make sure that I'm not spending more than I think I am. The $10 includes EVERYTHING, not just fabric -thread, storage stuff, equipment, gadgets.

No comments: