First the Shaker Forest Festival (info on my food blog).
Most of today we had to spend outside - the little dictator decided that it must be so. It was the best idea anyone could have had. I pulled some weeds, killing my left arm with scratches from the bindweed.
At any rate, the crafty progress consisted of:
1. Getting all of the fabric washed. This was
--the planet fabric for the toddler's quilt
--the fabric for the quilt guild challenge quilt
--pumpkin placemat fabric
2. Buying beeswax at the festival. REALLY helps with thread breakage.
3. Finishing quilting the center motif on the ugly quilt, and starting the edges.
--back (that's my ancient sewing box on top):
--quilt with Cookie:
--felt heart template (thanks to a tip heart at the quilt guild):
--quilting shows up better on the back:
4. Drawing templates from leaves for a fall table runner:
5. Helping TMOTH refinish our dining room table. (OK, all I did was help carry it outside, but that counts.):
6. Inspiration- not sure what chewed up these walnut leaves, but they sure look pretty that way: