Sunday, January 10, 2010

Artist Trading Cards

Back in the fall, the group of people I was working through "The Artist's Way" with decided to exchange ATCs. It was a wonderful experience. I had the chance to try out some new techniques, and HOLY COW, I achieved my vision! I also had the joy of receiving little jewels every couple of days in the mail.

I did mini-quilts on peltex. I did small strip patchwork about 3.5 x 11, then free motion quilted them onto the peltex. I cut them to card size, then appliqued the ginkgo leaf (a glitter organza) onto the quilt sandwich (so the outline also appeared on the back) and around the edges.

This is the whole batch - one for each of my friends, and one to keep:

Photobucket

I have to admit, this one was my favorite. I had two smaller pieces that I had to join together - you can see the line of yellow that is my satin stitch.

Photobucket

No comments: