Well, at the end of the week, I have a finish, a little birds in the air Christmas ornament. But a long and winding road to get there.
But, as I said, a long and winding road. These were the first set of blocks I made.
All those pretty blocks lined up...
And the ABSOLUTELY PERFECT fabric for the setting triangles. I think I won it at a guild raffle at some point.
And a nice grey for a border - calming those reds down is *just* the right thing.
Sticky paper made it easy to quilt a wavy design in the border.
So, into the tub it went. I used a toothbrush to scrub some Dharma fabric wash into the pink parts.
Then I just let it soak with some color grabbers in the tub.
It started to lighten up, so I repeated the scrub/soak cycle a couple more times.
You can see from the dye caught in the color grabbers that things were happening.
Eventually, as I added another color grabber, it stayed white(ish).
And it seems to have worked.
It's drying on a towel now- I may not get to it tomorrow, but I will finish it.
Linking to Kim Lapacek's blog, Persimon Dreams, for the challenge finish.