Saturday, February 22, 2020

Project Quilting Challenge 4

The fourth challenge for Project Quilting is "Birds in the Air."

Well, at the end of the week, I have a finish, a little birds in the air Christmas ornament. But a long and winding road to get there.

I have another one waiting to quilt and finish.
 

But, as I said, a long and winding road. These were the first set of blocks I made.

All those pretty blocks lined up...

 And the ABSOLUTELY PERFECT fabric for the setting triangles. I think I won it at a guild raffle at some point.

And a nice grey for a border - calming those reds down is *just* the right thing.

Sticky paper made it easy to quilt a wavy design in the border.

 I finished quilting last night and woke up tis morning to this: a very bad cat.

So, into the tub it went. I used a toothbrush to scrub some Dharma fabric wash into the pink parts.

Then I just let it soak with some color grabbers in the tub.

It started to lighten up, so I repeated the scrub/soak cycle a couple more times.

You can see from the dye caught in the color grabbers that things were happening.


Eventually, as I added another color grabber, it stayed white(ish).

And it seems to have worked.

 It's drying on a towel now- I may not get to it tomorrow, but I will finish it.

Linking to Kim Lapacek's blog, Persimon Dreams, for the challenge finish.

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

No, no, Bad Kitty!! Sorry about the unfortunate accident with this week's challenge piece. I have to say, though, your Snowbirds ornament gave me a good chuckle. Thanks!