Thursday, January 01, 2015

Goal recap for 2014

Last year's word was NOW, because I have a BAD procrastination habit. It's gotten a little better, although not as better as I'd like!


My goals were:
1. finish 14 projects.
I actually finished more than this - at least 6 things right before Christmas!!

2. Spend 14 minutes a day sewing OR in stash management.
This one just didn't happen. "Sew every day" is a nice goal, but I don't know that I'd ever get there. I think this year I'll set a weekly goal instead.

3. 2014 in 2014: Sometime around the time things got crazy last year, I stopped keeping track, but I'm pretty sure that although I didn't reach my 2013 things goal, much more left than in previous years. This year, I'm shooting for 2014.
I stopped keeping track at some point this year. It just gets hard to track and keep count. I still have some of Mom's things that need to go to charity, and some of *my* things that need to go, but I won't try to keep track of numbers this year. 

4. Keep track of what I'm doing by starting blogging again - I feel much more productive when I have a record of what I've done.
I'll call this one a win, even if by a nose. More posts in 2014 than 2013!!

5. Participating in the weekly stash report will help me manage my stash. I'm also setting a $10 per week budget (that I feel no compulsion to spend) but I want to make sure that I'm not spending more than I think I am. The $10 includes EVERYTHING, not just fabric -thread, storage stuff, equipment, gadgets.
Not weekly stash reports, but often enough. Although I still came in adding more than I used! And as for spending - I came in under $520, again, by a nose ~ but without really trying to *not* spend. 

So. Not so bad. New goals maybe later today, maybe over the weekend. Still working through them.

No comments: