Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Good Weekend

All in all, it was a pretty good weekend.

The 9-patches are doing their work - I also got more of the 12-patches for the Lovely Daughter's quilt bordered and now have half of them done. Then because I feel guilty about working on hers and not the mid-kid's, I also got three or four more chess pieces basted.

But now I'm sitting on the floor cutting out more 2.5" squares. The only thing on TV right now is Sahara - a chick flick based on a Clive Cussler novel. How goofy is that? I'll also need to think about another quilt for Small Man - he asks me every time he sees me working on one of the others when will I make him another quilt? I asked him what he wanted, and he said "Stars."

I managed to make all of the kids happy this weekend (at different times, of course). Small Man got to go to the park while waiting to pick his big sister up from her painting class and got some snazzy new kid-size gardening tools, the Mid Kid and TMOTH got to go to see Star Trek, and the Lovely Daughter got to go to the mall with a friend, got a new swimsuit, and didn't have to go see Star Trek (she went with a friend to see Night at the Museum and spent the rest of the day at the pool). I managed to get a miniscule amount of the crap on the playroom floor picked up and put away.

No beans planted, but maybe later in the week...

No comments: