Saturday, February 18, 2023

Project Quilting Challenge 4

 Challenge 4 of Project Quilting is "A Novel Project."

The challenge is to be inspired by a book I've read.

One of the examples shown was an e-reader sleeve, which ALSO inspired me - I decided to make a pouch for the Kindle Paperwhite I got for Christmas.

For the novel: I chose to do Marcellus from Remarkably Bright Creatures.

For a pattern, coloring pages from the Monterey Bay Aquarium came in handy.


A bit of Wonder-Under and fusing, and it was time to quilt.


Through pure dumb luck, there was a part of the pattern in the octopus batik that looks like an eye!


Lightly quilted, then sewn into a pouch and lined with terry cloth.

My lovely older daughter suggested adding a key- and she was highly amused when I added an ACTUAL key.


At any rate- it's done, and the Kindle actually fits in it very well!





5 comments:

Carla said...

Great idea for your project. Well done!

https://andragayle.wordpress.com/ said...

Marcellus was wonderful! Yours is too!

PaintedThread said...

What a fun design. It's beautiful and useful. Excellent!

PersimonDreams said...

This is so cool and the key is brilliant!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy your new e-reader with its you-made cover!