Thursday, November 30, 2017

I Like Thursday

Linking to Not Afraid of Color for I Like Thursday!

I like Facebook friends who are enablers. One simply asked if anybody else was doing Bonnie Hunter's new mystery, "On Ringo Lake." Well. I haven't done any of the mysteries in the past- and I'm certainly not a member of the Bonnie Cult- but I *really* like the colors in this one, and I haven't in the past. So I started cutting on Friday night.

Saturday morning, I had my first little 9-patch.

By Sunday lunch, I'd completed the first 50 9-patches.

 All stacked up!

I like that my kids like to cook, and aren't afraid to try new techniques (especially this one, the youngest). When we were talking about what to make for Thanksgiving desserts, he first said "Peppermint bark!" and then thought for a few minutes and asked if it was possible to make peppermint bark truffles. So we winged it :)


I like having orphan blocks I can turn into a baby quilt. These are the first four blocks of Pat Sloan's Solstice quilt-a-long. I got distracted after four blocks- but they'll make a nice little quilt.


I like this face. This is Toffee; he's 7 and a complete goofball. He's not breed standard for a golden- he's about 107 pounds and has height to go along with it.



Being tall isn't enough for him, though- I swear he thinks he's a mountain goat. 
He'll stand on anything he can find!


And last but not least, I like my taekwondo class. It keeps me sane after bad days at work.

8 comments:

LA Paylor said...

ooooo I love a golden. Toffee is a great name! I like your likes today... especially the connection you have with your child making candy together. Thanks for linking up!
LeeAnna

Michele McLaughlin said...

What a beautiful puppy! He's adorable! Love your nine patches--wow on getting them all done in one day! Have a great week!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele,
Oh, Toffee! He is a beauty. And he wants to be taller so he can see more - I love it. How sweet all 50 of your blocks look! It is so fun to start a new project and one that isn't going to last too long. I love those four blocks - especially that mirror image one. I've always wanted to make a whole quilt (baby) of that block. And peppermint bark truffles sound delicious - did you enjoy them? It looks like you had fun making them. ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Toffee is the perfect name for your golden, and he definitely looks like a sweetie! I like your orphan blocks and especially that background fabric. Have fun making that baby quilt with them! Visiting from I Like Thursday!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Good luck with your Bonnie quilt. If I were better at piecing, I would join in. I'll be watching yours instead.
Love Toffee to bits. Their personalities are wonderful aren't they.
That's a great thing to do with leftover blocks. I have some from my Farmer's Wife that are in a box somewhere. Must try to remember that.
It's so much fun to make things in the kitchen with the kids. Have good memories of those days myself.

PaintedThread said...

I was eyeing that mystery quilt. Your 9patches look great! I've got too much to follow along, but I plan on watching what people do! Those peppermint truffles look great.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your nine patches look great. I am playing along too. Peppermint truffles sound yummy. Sweet dog. Very pretty.

Sandy said...

Wow! you work fast with patchwork. I'm not keen on precise cutting and piecing. I do textile art in which I use quilting techniques...but not patchwork! LOL
Sandy in the UK