Thursday, February 08, 2018

I like Thursdays 2018, Week #6

Linking up to Not Afraid of Color.

I still like sparring :) 

Our first AAU qualifying tournament was this past weekend. I competed in sparring for the first time in a few years and I WON: 20 - 21.  I got bumped into the black belt division, so longer rounds (but less likelihood of injury).

Not me, but my youngest kid (on the right) and another Strive kid waiting to spar, my middle kid (behind them) coaching.


I like free fabric. There was a HUGE fabric giveaway at our guild meeting on Monday, and I came home with a LOT of fabric, including this mostly finished vintage gingham apron.


Not just fabric, either- embroidery hoops, thread, a skein of yarn.

I
I like Studio Ghibli films. And My Neighbor Totoro is one of my favorites. This little Totoro is for my daughter.



3 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great haul from the guild! We have a free table that always has things on it but that gingham apron is fantastic! Can't wait to see it! Your little stuffy is adorable! Have a great week!

LA Paylor said...

oooo I love gingham. Pretty apron actually, altho I seldom like to cook anymore

Some one must be moving...I had to let so much go. Now I'm ready to replenish!

One person said you link wasn't working but it is, I think they wanted to read your like post but you just hadn't published it yet. Wish we'd gotten together again before I left. Happy sparring!

Angie in SoCal said...

You scored big at that guild meeting. Congrats.