Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Project Quilting Season 13 Challenge 2 - Silhouette

 Link to the Challenge page:  https://kimlapacek.com/2022/01/13-2-in-silhouette-challenge-2-of-project-quilting-season-13.html

Well, my rules went out the window this time, since they didn't fit the challenge that well.


This was my source photo for my silhouettes - the kittens we adopted back in November, Snickers and Starburst.

I decided to use a "sunshine and shadow" pattern for the background.


The silhouette shapes were cut out, and the tail for Snickers moved around a bit to look better. I pieced together a bunch of greys to make "new" fabric for the kittehs. Fused to the background and I think my wonder-under is old- it stuck, but not well.



I blanket stitched around the silhouettes- they were never going to stay down, and it really helped them pop a bit.


Finally, I had some grey ginkgo fabric I bought a while back to make masks, but I decided that a pillow sham would be a better use for it. Done and dusted!


I made it 16 x 16 final size, since I actually had a pillow form in the house that size. Not quilted, but pieced and appliqued.


Total yardage used = 0.71

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Nice pillow!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sweet kitty cushion for your PQ 13.2 entry!!

PersimonDreams said...

so sweet! love your kitties ;)