Sunday, January 09, 2022

Project Quilting 13- Challenge 1: Rainbow Ninja Stars

 Link to the Challenge page:  https://kimlapacek.com/2022/01/13-1-all-the-colors-challenge-1-of-project-quilting-season-13.html

It looks as if Season 8 was the first year I did the challenge. It's a GREAT start to the new year.

For the past few years, I've added my own "rules" that I'll adhere to for each of the challenges, as long as it's not contraindicated by one of the PQ Challenge rules. This year's rules are:

1. Dark background

2. Use a traditional block but rename it

3. Miniature blocks/quilts

The first challenge is "Rainbow Ninja Stars" - the Friendship Star block looks like a ninja star to me!


I'm still not sure which orientation I prefer, vertical or horizontal. I'm leaning towards vertical, with the darker stars on the bottom.


Quilting is straight lines outside the stars, in rainbow thread.

Finished size is about 11 x 16; stars finish at 3 inches.

5 comments:

LA Paylor said...

Michele, great to hear from you again! I miss Maryland... but Colorado is our new home harsh as it is.Woke to frozen fog this morning. Love the parameters you set for your own series within PQ. It does lift spirits and get me creating again in a new year. My parameters are only that I come up with an unusual (for me) way to interpret the prompts. Getting it done is the real challenge. LeeAnna

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing PQ13.1 and best of luck with prompts that meet your own personal challenge!

Nikki said...

I have participated for three years. I was really looking forward to it this year! Fun to see how everyone interprets the prompts!

Mel Beach said...

I love how you add your own challenge rules...I look forward to seeing you apply them again on future challenges!

PersimonDreams said...

Wonderful! Love it!