I took Friday off to recover from the road trip, and have actually gotten some stuff done so far this weekend.
1. I got a quilt top sewn together! I blogged before about taking some vintage blocks apart, and they're now resewn into this top:
I quite like it - the blue sashing is appropriate for the period; there's a blue in the vintage part that almost matches it exactly. A close-up:
Maybe tomorrow I can pull together a back for it, and press it.
2. I started crocheting a hat waiting for the Karate Kid at class last night.
3. I pulled the t-shirt rug back out to work on and cut some pink strips for polka-dots:
The pink is from a butt-ugly French bulldog t-shirt that was my mom's. Not a fan of Frenchies, but love that shade of pink!
4. T-shirts pulled for t-shirt quilts - these are all t-shirts my mom got from some wildlife charity. There are 12 altogether.
I also have a bunch of blood donation t-shirts from my brother that I'm looking forward to working on as well.
5. I stopped at the thrift store after karate today. It's one of the few in the area that ever have any sewing/crafting materials. The score is here:
There's 1.75 yards of flannel that'll make a nice back for a baby quilt:
A real assortment - some tiny seed beads in a nice bead container; beeswax for quilting; some small pieces; a yard of Christmas fabric; some yarn and thread; six smaller crochet hooks; sewing patterns; interfacing; acrylic paint [even if the paint is worthless, it's two very nice brushes for $1]; and (of course) buttons.