Yards in: 1
Yards out: 0.5
Cumulative yards in: 24.4
Cumulative yards out: 23.35
Net gain/loss: 1.05 GAINED
Spending since last post: $64.21
Spending this year: $274.36
I got the center of a small scrappy quilt finished last night:
Ralph had no interest in helping.
But today I set up the ironing board and got it all pressed. That stripe in the middle isn't really a stripe - it's the length-wise borders cut to size.
Hopefully I can get to quilting tomorrow - the reality at my house is that my quilting machine often looks like this:
I also spent some time today shifting things around, so now it looks better:
Most of the spending was on batting :) Labor day sale at Jo-Ann netted 5 yards of Warm & White and a queen-size Pellon batt.
I also bought two spools of thread, a new rotary cutter, and two half-yard cuts of CUTE flannel:
I just don't remember fabric that cute being around when *my* kids were
babies. I was able to make four burp cloths out of this so far, for the
half-yard used ~ I used the tutorial here.
The first ones I made were the pink owls, backed with a snow-died
t-shirt I never wore because it was too tight for me, and I was cursing
the advice to use the knit. The pink knit for the puppies worked much
better for some reason.
And now the bib pattern I worked up has disappeared! I can re-do it, but that's just annoying.