Sunday, June 10, 2007

Been a while

And yet, much is going on in the crafting sphere.

I went to my second quilt guild meeting and had a blast; signed up for their Secret Sister program as well. It was the end of the year party, so had a nice time talking to some of the members. There was also a box of free fabric and notions, so I came away with a bunch of small scraps, including some that can be used for the rocket ship quilt.

The pre-teen and I went to the fabric store after school on Friday to pick out materials for her new pencil pouch. She saw one at the store and I told her I'd make her one she liked even better. We picked out fabric and she came up with a design drawing - I'll need to do a paper mock-up later to tweak it. Other than setting limits on the fabric weight, I let her choose whatever patterns she wanted; she has a really nice sense of design. Hancock's also had bags of bolt ends for sale, so we bought a couple of bags. There were a few nice pieces of quilting fabric, another nice upholstery cotton which will make a tote bag or pouch, some lining fabrics - even a skein of embroidery thread!


I made it to Michael's for their yarn sale on Friday as well. Red and black for the mid-kid's Christmas present afghan, plus some hat yarn. I finished off a hat for my MIL at the baseball game on Saturday. It's a little tall, but could be cuffed.

The flower garden afghan is proceeding as well. The more I work on it, the more I like it.

Pictures as soon as we get the new memory card for the camera!

No comments: