Sunday, February 21, 2021

Project Quilting Challenge #4 2021

 The fourth Project Quilting Challenge is Snail's Trail.

My personal first rule of PQ2021 is to start with orphan blocks. This week's first orphan was part of a stripset that came from who knows  where, and gave me my center four-patch.


The last time I'd tried this  block, I think I was using four colors and it was not a fun process. This was much easier to keep track of, although I did wind up with squares that spiraled in different directions.



Backs were pieced as well, as crumb blocks. A few more orphans found their way into the backs as well.


One of these is now finished and done. The other is a UFO - I'll just add it to the list :) This will make a nice mat for bowls of gumbo. The final touch is a fun button, the second personal rule.






2 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great personal challenge using Orphan blocks for your challenge starter!!

PersimonDreams said...

This is lovely!!!!