Sunday, January 24, 2021

Project Quilting Challenge #2 2021

 The second Project  Quilting Challenge is Fussy Cut.

I had two constraints - using orphan blocks and buttons. These were my orphan blocks- tiny offcut half-square triangles from another project. I used the larger ones for this project and tossed the rest.


I used this kitty fabric that's been in my stash for a while for fussy cutting.


This is it- quilted and bound,with the buttons I picked.


The back- same fabric as used for fussy cutting.


I managed to break a needle sewing on the buttons! I don't remember if I've EVER broken a hand-sewing needle before. Bent plenty, yes, but not broken.


Done. Buttons are on the corner so it's actually usable as a mug rug.

















1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super sweet mug rug!!