Friday, December 05, 2014

Women of the Bible/Eve

When I heard about a quilt focused on the women of the bible, I knew I needed to make it for my dear sister-in-law ~ she's a music minister and would appreciate it.

This is the first block, Eve:
The blocks come along with a description of each woman's story, with a moral attached, which as an agnostic to the core I take with a grain of salt. Or a salt shaker. Eve's, of course, is all about resisting temptation.

I feel for Eve - any time anybody tells me anything, my response is going to be "Prove it!" I'm that annoying person who's always posting the Snopes link on your Facebook post that has no basis in fact. I'd have eaten the apple, but it's less about my inability to resist temptation than my inability to take anything on faith.

1 comment:

RAnn said...

It is a pretty block. I'm curious--what makes it about Eve? What that I am seeing is your choice (the fabric?) and what is from the pattern (shape?)