Sunday, May 02, 2010

Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival 2010

Today we went to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. It's probably a good thing I had whiny kids at the end asking to go home, because I'm feeling a little heatstroked myself.

As always, the alpacas were a huge hit with my boys.

These guys had been sheared, so they looked a little goofy. BUT, the clippers left designs in their short fur that looks really cool.
Photobucket

Here are a few more alpacas, these are not yet sheared.
Photobucket

The yurt was new to us (we didn't make it last year) and something else the boys really loved.
Photobucket

I didn't seem to take as many sheep pictures this year as in the past. That's too bad, though, because I think Miss Art-Girl should paint a picture to enter for next year.
Photobucket

I think this guy saw the red light on my camera and knew a flash was coming!
Photobucket

All three kids, with lambs:
Photobucket

The small man, petting a sheep:
Photobucket

My favorites are the llamas. They're just so standoffish and regal.
Photobucket

I didn't manage to buy any wool (it makes me itch). I did buy a small block of beeswax, a half-gallon of maple syrup, three over-the-door hangers made out of silver spoons, two seafood forks, a ring and some soap for my daughter, some glass beads for the mid-kid, a kid-sized broom for the Small Man, and a regular broom for me. TMOTH bought himself a cool pottery mug. Plus lots of food.

No comments: