Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Whew!

Wow. Quite a long time since I posted.

April has been...busy.

Spring break was OK - I had to work most of it, but I took an afternoon off to go see "How to Train Your Dragon" with the family (GREAT movie!) and took a day off to go to Calvert Cliffs State Park.

The Cliffs:
Photobucket

Small Man on the "beach":
Photobucket

The Mid-Kid:
Photobucket

Silly kids:
Photobucket

I went to Seattle for work. Took a few hours off the middle of the day one day and took the monorail to the Space Needle. Wonderful views - hopefully I can release those photos from the cell phone one day!

BUT, Seattle meant no sewing for five days. Right before quilt turn-in day. Aargh.

The saving grace, oddly enough, was my daughter's school play rehearsals. I sat in the car waiting, sewing on binding, and burying threads. It was down to the wire, but I finished all of the quilts that had to be turned in. This is a photo of the machine quilting in progress, and a close-up of the "design" in the sashing.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Along with quilt turn-in this past weekend were the performances. (So no more picking up from Poolesville!! YAY!) It was a wonderful play - they did South Pacific, and did it well. But I got almost no sleep. And ate really badly on Sunday. So I was really sick all day yesterday, and then woke up today not feeling great. I took kids to school, then came home and went back to bed. I woke up at nearly noon feeling much much better. Lazed around the house the rest of the day.

This evening I got the ribbons done for the Guild Challenge. I don't want to post pictures until after they're up at the show, but I'm really pleased with how they came out.

The only think left I know I have to do for the show is to get the children's activities stuff organized. Peek-n-seek and making sure I have stuff for pincushions, hopefully finding my information board safe and sound.

No comments: