Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Blogging friends

Photobucket

“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”

My old college friend Ruth blessed me with this award in the eon since I last posted. Ruth represents a great deal of what I value from my college education - friends, and the ability to find commonality with individuals who are not like you. Ruth and I are on the opposite ends of many spectra, but we respect the other person and share a deep abiding affection for Mississippi University for Women.

Unfortunately, the current president of the university seems determined to destroy it. I think she may underestimate the tenacity of the alumnae/alumni of this find school.

Anyway. Eight more. Aargh. There's way more than eight of you that I'd happily award this to. Anybody that reads this blog on a semi-regular basis is my friend, as far as I can tell. And the blogs I visit are CERTAINLY not interested in self-aggrandizement. If you want me to name you, I will - but feel free to name yourself.

No comments: