Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our caterpillars

We have about a dozen monarch caterpillars on our milkweed plants. This is one:
Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm hoping when they get big enough I can take a not-blurry picture. The biggest now is about an inch long; the smallest is less than a centimeter long.

This is the leaf I removed. I felt bad, but according to what I could find, this caterpillar for the milkweed tussock moth will defoliate the host plant. Sorry, guys. I need the milkweed for the monarchs.
Photobucket

No quilty pictures, but quilty gratitude. One of the members of the Quilt Art list offered old magazines, and she lives about 2 miles from my house! She had THREE BOXES of magazines. I'm in heaven. A lot of them are older, but those were my lost-to-children no-quilting years.

No comments: