Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Hospital Gown quilt

Memaw, my maternal grandmother, is the one who taught me to love thrift shops.

At one point, the thrift shop in our little town had a whole bunch of hospital gowns, which she bought, and sewed into a bunch of little quilted pads (which came in handy as crib pads) and at least this one quilt, side 1:
Photobucket

Side 2:
Photobucket

Just simple strips, but it packs a graphic punch. I love this quilt. My middle kid has claimed it as "his" quilt.

There's progress, albeit slow, on Rocket Ships. I'm quilting around the ships close to the applique with navy, which disappears into the background, and then further out with variegated thread. I'll probably do another round with the applique. I have NO idea what to do in the sashing...
Photobucket

Closeup:
Photobucket

Gratitudes:
1. That nobody in our house has gotten the flu
2. variegated thread
3. decaf coffee
4. cordless phones

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Looks great - like we are "ready to blast off".

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

What a great idea! I love the rocket ships. Looking great!
Regina