Sunday, February 17, 2008

A day of quilting

We had a "quilting day" today, at the Universities of Shady Grove. (It's an off-campus site that offers classes from a number of universities from around the region). The classroom was great - it had outlets at each desk and comfortable chairs. The only drawback was we couldn't eat in the room. (Coffee was OK, at least!) It was a kind of mini-retreat.

There were about a dozen women there from our guild. All were working on different things. I mostly worked on the Rocket Ships quilt. I worked on another baby quilt, but somehow managed to screw up one of the blocks - and I didn't notice it until I'd sliced the nine-patch. Oh, well. I finished four more Rocket Ship blocks, and have four more to go until it gets sashed and assembled. I'd like to get it done in time for the show - if I can get the top finished by March 3, I'll send in the show form.

No comments: