Saturday, January 25, 2020

Project Quilting - Challenge 2

The second Project Quilting challenge is "Team Colors."

My alma mater is Mississippi University for Women, and our school colors are blue and blue :)  Our mascot is Ody Owl, so I decided to quilt up a little owl in MUW colors.

For backing, I had some cut-off legs from some pants the Lovely Daughter made into shorts, and I lined it with an old towel. Two layers of cotton batting for the back.

The body of Ody is W blue and her wings are Welty blue. The eyes are a pale, pale yellow, so not even really close to II&C yellow.

Once everything is quilted and getting bound together, seams are gonna need a little grading.

Done! the quilting on the front doesn't show up all that well in this photo, but I'm very pleased with it.

The back. I had to double-sew the binding at the top because I missed the edge, but it's not awful.

 And yay! a functional potholder.

Ody is about 7 x 9,  and I just love her to bits.


1 comment:

PersimonDreams said...

Ody is O-dorable!!!! So cute!