Thursday, March 01, 2018

I Like Thursdays 2018, Week #9

Linking up to Not Afraid of Color.

I like how silly my kids can be. The Small Man had to make a 3-D representation of something feudal. The white bits of polyfill are mostly supposed to be sheep - although they only have one eye. The big puff of white with multiple eyes is somehow supposed to be a bunch of children.

I like bees. This is the result of a challenge titled "mellow yellow" - to use yellow in a quilt. I had two small pieces of the bee fabric- I think I have a bit of it left, that a quilting bee buddy asked for.


I like spring peepers. They're often the first sign that winter is about to release its death grip in my little corner of the world.
I like craft fairs. This past weekend, TMOTH and I went to the American Craft Council show in Baltimore. It's HUGE. HUGE. So much cool stuff, and we came home with nothing. Success!







5 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Quite of few entries in that mellow yellow challenge incorporated bees in their pieces. Are Spring Peepers fireflies? Craft fairs are fun.

LA Paylor said...

Ooooo the ACC show is awesome. Almost too big to take in during one day. The project was cool, a way to look into the thoughts of your baby. I just bought some bee fabric with sparkles on it. buzzzzzzz

Michele McLaughlin said...

I can't believe you didn't buy anything at the show! Oh my that fabric on racks!!! Love the small man's project and that table runner is great!! Have a wonderful day!

PaintedThread said...

Oh, I love craft fairs like that. I've been to one in the Fall that I hope to go again. Such beautiful stuff! Your bees are pretty, and those sheep are awesome! lol

Sandy said...

I really like the bee fabric!
Amazing things you saw at the show. The fabrics are beautiful.
And Well Done for you that you didn't buy anything!
The sheep are cool! I'd love to hear the teacher's response!