Wednesday, December 13, 2017

I Like Thursday- mid-December 2017

I like new starts. I wind up with a bunch of UFOs, but that's OK.
The newest start is a scrappy snowball sew-a-long. 4.5" squares with 1.5" corners, only a few each week. I've fussy cut at least one square; I have a LOT of novelty fabric I can use in this.
















I like my birdfeeder. (I don't like the snow, but that's not a topic for this post).
We've had it for a long time now, and the combination of the baffle and the weight bar really does help keep the squirrels out. The deer tip it over now and again, though.
I love cardinals. They always remind me of my mom- in her later years she was quite a birdwatcher. In legends, cardinals are the visiting spirit of a loved one; I think my mom loves my birdfeeder!

I like Christmas lists - this one is from the 12-year-old.

5 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Oh I love cardinals too and I didn't know about that belief and LOVE it! The list is adorable! Have a wonderful day!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele,
Oh, that red cardinal! I believe that is our loved ones visiting us; I love that legend. Of course your mom loves your bird feeder - and I'm thrilled that you can see her visit. {{Hugs}} I think I am going to turn into a bird watcher in my later years. ~smile~ Roseanne

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

OMG- I love that Christmas list. Very cute. mary in Az

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I love Cardinals too. My poor birdfeeder is snowed in right now. The Christmas list is cute also. You are much further on the Bonnie Hunter mystery than I am, and a new clue tomorrow! Oh my!

PaintedThread said...

Cardinals are lovely in the winter - that flash of color against the grey. That's a terrific wish list - that 12yo knows what he wants!