Thursday, November 23, 2017

"I Like Thursday"

My friend LeeAnna from Not Afraid of Color invited members of the Quilt Art listserv to join her in posting what brought us joy over the past week each Thursday.

What better day to start off than Thanksgiving?


My kids bring me joy- most of the time. These two are still at home, and put up with me with good grace. My baby girl isn't home for Thanksgiving, but the internet keeps her close as well.


Alpaca faces make me smile.


This boy. He'd be happy if he had his own personal doorman.


Living so close to DC is awesome. We don't take really good advantage of it, but I'm reminded every time we do what a lovely place it is to visit.

I have SO MUCH to be thankful for, including blogging friends that push me to start blogging again :)

5 comments:

LA Paylor said...

I want to find a home with room for two alpaca. Then I can write my book two alpaca and a poodle. We'll so miss living near DC... don't know if you are aware but we're moving to CO.
I like your likes today! Looking forward to your posts in the future! Keep writing Michele! These like posts become addictive and keep our spirits up! LeeAnna

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes, don't alpacas have the most adorable faces and their wool is to die for (no pun intended). We really should explore these sites that are near us. Whenever I get downtown Ottawa, I am newly amazed at the beauty of it all. I have been to DC once...so much to do there.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele,
Welcome to the Thursday Likes club! I think you will enjoy our group, and find it very addictive to share your likes for the week. At least it is for me. Your pictures of your kiddos and the alpaca makes me smile as well. That face on the alpaca - who can look it and not smile?! I never noticed it before . . . thanks for pointing that out! And the DC area is FABULOUS! So much to see and enjoy - I mean the cherry blossom time is just stunning and I can only imagine how pretty it is for the holidays. I look forward to next week! ~smile~ Roseanne

Sandy said...

Have fun with your family! I am doing the Thanksgiving thing today. My son requested it. He came today for the weekend. Pie making was the first thing this morning! But saved for dinner.

The alpacas are lovely. There is a farm about an hour from here. When I was teaching at the college, we went to visit. But it was a miserable day, so we didn't get to go out to them. However, it was fascinating to hear about the facts on the measurements for the fineness of the fleece.
Sandy in the UK

Michele McLaughlin said...

Your kids are gorgeous and so much fun! Have a wonderful week and welcome to the group!