First, another machine to clean. This is a Singer 15-91 that is simply awesome for free motion quilting. But it had been neglected for a while.
Quilt under the needle:
Cotton had to help quilt:
I had a large-scale black and white print (what on EARTH was I thinking ?!?) that worked really well for binding:
Binding and backing:
Ralph had to help bind:
Finished quilt, busted stash! 68 x 73 starry quilt for my Lovely Daughter's BFF. Total yardage busted is 6.7 yards by my calculation. That'll cancel out the 2.5 yards of the black floral I bought to finish the top and then some. A little blurry :(
I also started working on an OLD UFO. My grandmother and I found these flannel blocks in a thrift store at some point. She passed away in 1988, so I've had them a while.
You can see how very wonky they are - hand-sewed strips of flannel:
I'm trimming the unsewn sides to "square", and then sewing the hand-sewn sides with generous seam allowances:
Final blocks will be trimmed to squares once they're completely surrounded by flannel - blue and beige.
I also bought tickets for the Van Gogh exhibit at the Phillips tomorrow ~ we'll take the Lovely Daughter and head off on the Metro once both boys are off to school.