Sunday, April 28, 2013

Friendship Star Quild Guild show

Our guild show was this weekend. I volunteered for most of the show time, and am tired to the bone - The Lovely Daughter's musical was this weekend, so I picked her up at 1 am from IHOP Friday night and at 2 am from the cast party last night. This mama doesn't do well on little sleep, and the big dog doesn't believe in sleeping in.

But lots of lovely quilts were on display.

The Lovely Daughter's quilt was finally done:
 photo 322_zps71f23053.jpg

I had a quilt entered in the Ultimate Guild Challenge, and one in our local guild's "challenging fabric" challenge:
 photo 308_zps8fd05587.jpg

This quilt won first place in that challenge:
 photo 307_zpsd4ad9641.jpg

And this is the one I liked the best - the quilter "hid" the hideous fabrics in a bunch of others that played well together:
 photo 306_zps970c7f1d.jpg

The show is always good for inspiration. This is a great scrap quilt I plan to make pretty soon:
 photo 314_zpsb15e45f1.jpg

And I always love me a scrappy sampler:
 photo 319_zps5480c1a4.jpg

More later - need to take some boys to bed.

No comments: