Saturday, May 19, 2012

I made a discovery today

I hate paper piecing. This is probably the only paper pieced block I will ever do:
Photobucket

The actual construction isn't so bad, but if I had to tear the paper off the back of any more blocks I would go absolutely batshit crazy. I do very much like the yellow and blue combo and will draft some more blocks that are NOT paper pieced to go with this one :)

I also made a journal cover for the Karate Kid's friend's birthday party tomorrow:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Bright colors and some sparkles on the fabric, metallic quilting in straight lines. She writes, so hopefully she'll like it.

1 comment:

RAnn said...

That blue and yellow looks tedious, but pretty. Maybe one of these days I'll have to pull out the sewing machine and try quilting. I was in the fabric store not long ago and they had so much stuff it looked like you had to buy to do it--or is it like baby stuff--lots of stuff to buy, not much you really need?