Friday, February 04, 2011

Why oh WHY - PIGS and UFOs

This week, Jill asked why we have PIGS and UFOs. I'm guessing some of our reasons are the same, some are different.

1. I get bored. Satin stitching (by hand) around 24 chess pieces gets old fast.

2. I get stymied. My daughter's quilt needs borders of some sort, and we haven't come to a decision yet.

3. Until recently, I didn't have a machine that quilted very well. It's still not GREAT, but I can make it work.

4. I inherited/absorbed my grandmother's need to "adopt" other people's UFOs. I have a couple that came home with me from quilt show sales.

5. I'm terribly disorganized. This month's UFO number from Judy L.? I can't FIND that dang quilt - it's not where I thought it was. And there's a LOT of stuff I'd have to look through to find it :(

EDIT - I FOUND it!! It was in a tub of stuff buried under a pile of DH's clothes. I have a piece of material pulled and ready to wash for backing, along with some cream muslin to piece in strips of the pink to make it wide enough. Photos later, duckies.

ANOTHER EDIT: I deliberately did NOT include "lack of time" as a reason for not finishing. I don't know now how much I could do if I just got off the computer and on the sewing machine.

I'm sure there are more - I'll add them if I think of them.

1 comment:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Lack of time is a biggie for me, too! Darn that Facebook has some fun and addicting games! lol