Thursday, March 12, 2009

WARNING: Politics ahead

Yes, this is mostly a crafts blog. Mostly quilting. Sometimes I digress to brag about the kids or DH, or report on life in general.

However.

Words simply cannot express how happy I am so far with the Obama administration, or how happy I am simply to have a President with a brain.

Just look at this: Executive Order 13505

"For the past 8 years, the authority of the Department of Health and Human
Services, including the National Institutes of Health (NIH), to fund and
conduct human embryonic stem cell research has been limited by Presidential
actions. The purpose of this order is to remove these limitations on scientific
inquiry, to expand NIH support for the exploration of human stem cell
research, and in so doing to enhance the contribution of America’s scientists
to important new discoveries and new therapies for the benefit of humankind."

Yeah, I get that some people think it's wrong. I don't. My lovely DH has type 1 diabetes. This may offer a potential cure - probably not for him, but for future generations to not have to go through this horrible disease.

Totally not related, but I love the President's signature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love craft and politics. Did you hear him today? Reaching out with international diplomacy. He is truly a world leader. Thanks!