Since the pre-teen is having a sleepover tonight, I got some more work done on her afghan. It will be lovely when done.
I stopped into the quilt shop this afternoon and picked up two more animal prints for the rocket ship quilt. Now I just need to work on it!
I made this pincushion out of a thrifted teacup last week.
A generous freecycler (Thanks, Diana!) gave me the piece of green velvet to try out the idea, and I really like how it turned out. This will be a gift for my secret sister in the quilt guild.
Pictures of the "other" quilt parts:
The star with the sashing added (Cookie is not happy about being pushed aside for mere fabric) and a close-up of the purple. So happy!The dotty green I got to use to make a ruffled binding. If I'm going to go girly, I might as well go all the way! I also plan on a pieced backing, using a large-ish piece of the red flower fabric for the center.